Monday, October 11, 2010

Is it just me...

or does it come with age.. THICK SKIN! You know the kind that doesn't read into everything as a harsh criticism.. Trust me, I was critcized alot, and after awhile it drove me crazy, because it was mean- spirited. I have a friend who I adore and love and for some reason everything I say to her she thinks I am being mean and critical... and trust me I am not! What should I do.. I am afraid to say anything to her... I am an opinionated person, and I guess I need to keep my mouth shut alot, but with her I am not being mean!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm guessing this is about me? I tried to explain yesterday and never heard back from you. It's called going through a million personal problems at a time, post pregnancy hormones flying through the roof and already feeling horrible enough about myself and then your telling me how bad I look over Facebook among other comments.
I'm going through a lot right now and am a little overly sensitive.

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

I'm super sensitive but the older I get, the better I am at brushing stuff off.

paige said...

i would try to honestly talk to your friend (i'm sure you have) and tell her your heart.
i saw it written somewhere that painful criticism often ( not always) but often has an element of truth. whenever i hear criticism that stings i try to think...is it true? is there something i need to soften?
anyway...best of luck. relationships with some friends can be alot of work while others are effortlessly blissful