Friday, June 15, 2012

Gamecocks...

If you are not from the South and especially right here in SC, you are probably wondering..what the heck is a Gamecock? well, it is the mascot for the Unversity of South Carolina! Now, moving right along..because I am so ADD..our 2 Time, ahem, back to back National Championship Baseball Team is going to Omaha for a 3 peat as they try to win again!! Y'all, this is no ordinary team of players.. First of all, they are smart..leading all athletics in GPA totals, they are grounded, quirky, funny and they are just tough..they always seem to rally and battle it out to the win. we start our first best of three against the Florida Gators saturday at 9PM and those boys are going to be hard to beat.. Please say a prayer for our boys, led by Ray Tanner, a stand up man and probably one of the finest Coaches there is. To say this town, Columbia, is buzzing with excitement is an understatement..everywhere you go people are sporting their Garnet and black and USC shirts..I love living in a college town. As the mother of 3 girls..I thank god everyday, because if my son played ball..well, I would be a raving lunatic!!

7 comments:

The wife said...

My blood runs orange, but I have to admit I'm pulling for your boys!

Kim said...

Take it from me, having a son who plays baseball makes you a raving lunatic. Just sayin'.

The Mrs. said...

Thank you for explaining cause I really did not know! xo

Anonymous said...

Lawsy mercy I know the gamecocks well!!! I live right in the heart of Knoxville and they beat us something awful everytime they are in town!!! I think I'm just going to hit up that bottle of fire fly!!! By the way.... Do you mix that with anything or just drink it straight????
Becca from TN

just ask beth said...

To Becca.
I believe with water..I haven't had in several years!! LOL!

just ask beth said...

To Becca.
I believe with water..I haven't had in several years!! LOL!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.