Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It was never my intention.. ANONYMOUS..

to hurt anyone about my previous Post on the Meth Addicts! My children are taught daily at school about the repucussions of drug Addiction, Smoking and Alcoholism! Anonymous, our current TV ADS show people suffering the horrific consequences about Smoking, another addiction.. did you call the local TV stations and tell them you thought they were mean? I, too, like you feel terribly for these souls..makes my heart break in fact, but it is my job as a mom to show them what drugs can do to you..right? I have had 2 close firends of mine who lost children way before their time due to drug overdoses..I never judged them, I felt down right sorry for them, but feeling sorry didn't help them. I am sorry if you think I am heartless, just the opposite in fact..but I just wanted to show my girls what drugs can do to them..

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beth,
I don't think you were heartless in any way. I just think the delted post lacked judgement. I am not sure what the person wrote as a comment, but those faces you posted made me sad. I am glad you removed the post because you never know how people are connected. I am sure those people that were arrested did not start in this world wanting to become addicts. It is an illness. It just seemed you were being flip about a very serious matter.
Sincerely,
Lauren Jordan
Pawley's island, SC

just ask beth said...

Perhaps it lacked my better judgement about a serious matter..but I did show this to my girls.and explained that people for whatever reason make bad choices..trust me I am NOT a SAINT by any means and have made many mistakes.. the comment was basically the same as yours..that I shouldn't have posted their faces..

Kim said...

But their faces were probably shown on tv, the newspaper, etc and they were probably NAMED as well....so what was the big deal about your blog? Seriously. People are so damned easily offended anymore, it's pretty sad. Also, I'd get rid of anonymous comments. It's your blog and you can say whatever you want, however you want to say it.

Leah said...

Oh good gracious. Some people will get their panties in a wad about anything and everything. If "Anonymous" does not like what you write, tell her to get the *&^% off of your blog!

The wife said...

Ditto what Mom on the Run said!

Anonymous said...

Seriously....You should not have to explain yourself. It is your opinion and your blog.....I think those hit and run anonymous comments are real life bullies. I also think you are sweet and funny and I would not let the "crack heads" commentators get me down!


A.Green

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

OMG, living not too far from you, your blog was not the first place I saw those faces! People need to get over themselves!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.