Saturday, September 6, 2008

Just Call Me HAZEL!!

Ok, let me start by letting you young bloggers out there know who HAZEL is. HAZEL was a TV Show in the late 60's and ran throughout the 70's( obviously when I watched it). She was a chubby, lovely housekeeper for the Baxter Family, she was not a MAID! I loved her, because not only did she clean, she was a great source of knowledge for the Baxter family, who she lovingly referred to as Mr. B and Mrs. B. Anyway, my point is she was the Housekeeper, not the MOTHER.

I swear I spend every waking moment when I am NOT at work, NOT in the car shuffling the girls to and fro, CLEANING my house! My husband sometimes calls me HAZEL!! Ok the BUCK STOPS HERE! I am getting a complete makeover. He needs to start referring to me as Kitten, Honey, Sweetie, something, but Hazel, really....

6 comments:

High on Hairspray said...

Funny Hazel!! You do make me laugh Sweetie. Have a good day dear! Now do you feel better?

lisagh said...

I totally remember the show Hazel.

How 'bout this one: my friend's housekeeper was called Mabel and every night they yelled out:

"Mabel, Mabel set the table!"

Our first housekeeper was Mary, then we had Rosetta - so unfortunately, no fun poems for us!

KSK said...

We had a house-keeper named Edna. Loved loved loved her!

So, you could always charge family when they call you Hazel - her wage in 2008 dollars! ;)

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Thanks for coming to visit me!!! Of course we can agree to disagree...I mean, I do have other friends who seem to have taken the wrong way on the highway and ended up a Gamecock! (they are not very good drivers)!!! :)

But you are in SC, so I have to like you for that! And since you left me a nice comment I will def be back to your blog more ofen!!!!

just ask beth said...

Great!! well let's hope those mighty Tigers can hold off those Cadets!! I swear they both look crappy. I love the Tigers, I converted out of love for my husband, I swear I have had love intersts before ,but not like him, needless to say we got married and for `14 years I have been a Gamecock. I always pull for the Tigers when they don't play USC. Shoot there is no finer place to be on a Saturday but DEATH VALLEY! Beauty at its finest!

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I agree - Death Valley it is!!!